Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Where to live?

Because I've quit my job recently to take care of my mother who is old and sick, I may have to give up my house. I have failed paying for the mortgage these past few months, not because I don't have the money to pay, but because I want to have a certain amount in my bank account in case of any medical emergency for my mom. I don't want to go through the same stress two years ago where I had nothing in my bank and she got sick. The company I was working for then could not enroll her as my medical insurance dependent because she was overage.

I live in a quiet village just a few kilometers away from the city. I chose to live here because i was sick of the noise and dirt and pollution of the city. It's a bit rustic and public transportation can be difficult sometimes, but it has been my haven for the past three years.

My brother is now urging me to get a condo unit within the city area. But I don't want to. I still prefer a small house or townhouse where I can do a little gardening and can paint my walls purple if I want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment