Thursday, April 23, 2009

Disappointed with my Dentist

It's been some years since I last visited a dentist. I just found a dentist who holds her clinic next to the clinic of my mothers' cardiologist.She was endorsed by my health care plan provider so I set up an appointment. I asked to have a simple teeth cleaning and the doctor examined my enamels.

The dentist decided to fix my front teeth. Now I have two front teeth that already have ceramic fillings. These teeth fillings were made by a cute dentist thirteen years ago and was crafted so beautifully that no one ever guessed that there are fillings on my front teeth.She was able to point out a small dot of black in between my teeth that had the fillings and said that these also needed to be fixed. I agreed. I asked what kind of filling she would use, she replied that she would use the one that is the same color of my teeth.

So I sat there for an hour with her drilling away at my front teeth, enduring the pain. My pain treshold is quite low and I had to ask her to stop quite a few times. When she announced that she was finished, I sighed with relief and was ready to run out of the dentists office. But something made me sit for another thirty minutes in that dentist chair.

When I closed my mouth it was nothing like the ones that I had thriteen years ago. I could not close or bite because the fillings were too thick. The dentist knew immediately what was wrong and asked me to sit back while she tried to fix it. Many times she asked me to bite, gnash, bite, gnash. In my frustration and pain, I just said that it was ok and went out in order to end my painful ordeal.

Looking back, the dentist who made my teeth fillings thirteen years ago was incomparable with the dentist that I visited today. I no longer know his name, but if I did, surely I would go back to his dental office and have him do whatever needs to be done with my teeth. He drilled almost half of one tooth, but as far as I can recall there was little or no pain and the work that he did was so great that it looked as if it was not a teeth filling but part of real teeth. And they were very smooth.

Now when I run my tongue over the teeth that have the new fillings, they are rough. When I got home, I examined them closely and I could see the bump of the fillings protuding from my teeth. Worst of all, I had to pay this dentist P1200 for her work on top of my dental insurance.

So for those who have regular dentists who do great jobs on your teeth, always remember their name, their clinic, and their number in case you need to have work done on your teeth again. It was a mistake on my part not to get a regular dentist. Now I have to pay the price for my folly.

No comments:

Post a Comment