Sunday, August 16, 2009

Wish List

My birthday is coming up a few days from now. I have always celebrated my birthday going on out of town trips. I would always be alone, but I enjoyed this "me" time enormously.

I started my out of town trips when I started working at Pizza Hut. I don't enjoy parties, hate cooking and cleaning afterwards so I would disappear for a few days before and after my birthday.

My getaway back then was in Subic, Zambales. August is off season for beaches so I would have entire resorts by myself. I would go down early mornings and watch the sun rise while small schools of fish would swim at my feet. I would be in a world far from stresses of daily living. I would go home feeling refreshed, ready to take on the world again.

When I started working in the call center industry, that was the time that I was able to go to Baguio. I fell in love at once. Every year since 2003, I would always make a trip to Baguio either alone or with co-workers.

But since my mother was diagnosed with cancer I had to put off my yearly trips because I could not leave her alone. I don't have a maid and my mother refuses to get one, so when I leave the house she left all alone by herself.

So part of my wish list for my birthday is to get away, even just for a day. Just for a day to renew my energy. Just for a day to forget everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment