Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Local Sugar Free Snacks

We Filipinos love sugar so much. This is evident in the products that you will see on supermarket aisles. I am writing this because I did my grocery shopping today and wanted to buy sugar free snacks for my mother who is a diabetic.

There are sugar free cookies available in the supermarket. The only problem is that these are not locally manufactured, hence the price is five times more than your average biscuit. I don't know why our local biscuit manufacturers are not tapping into this, when there is a large demand for these type of products.

Sugar free products do not benefit diabetics alone. It is a good alternative for people who want to live healthy lifestyles or are trying to modify their diets. I guess its in the culture of filipinos that biscuits have to be super sweet. I hope one day, there will be local brand sugar free biscuits or snacks that will be available with prices that are also affordable.

No comments:

Post a Comment