Thursday, July 9, 2009

Raw Carrot Juice Diet- The basics

A friend emailed me and was amazed with the diet that I am giving my mother. She is already considering to try it out. My other brother is also thinking of trying out this raw carrot juice diet regimen.

First, let me state the facts that I did not start this, nor did I see this on any advertisement online or on TV. The book was given by a friend whose father was diagnosed with prostate cancer. They just followed the diet and her father is now cancer free.

Now, on to the raw carrot juice. We now consume about a kilo and a half of carrots a day. If you see a lady who is picking out all the carrots in the produce section of Shopwise in Cubao, that would be me. I pick the carrots that are deep orange in color and free of bruises. Then I would wash them with water (I know, for those super cleansy-weensie people. I don't soap them or wash them in veggie wash because dear friends, those are chemicals). Then I would chop them into wedges and into my handy Philips juice extractor it would go. For about ten carrots, I get a pint of raw carrot juice.

Channel surfing the other day, my mother and I watched the Jack Lalane juice extractor being advertised on home shopping TV. This machine would eliminate the hassles of chopping and indeed it will give more juice. Why? Because if you chop the carrots, there are small bits left in the pulp that is not being extracted. But this machine is a no-no for us because it is too expensive.

Now for those who want to try this diet, you have to drink about a cup or glass of the juice every two hours. Also, you have to eliminate all sugars and starches. One of the blessings I found in the book is that coffee is allowed. Yes, coffee. The blood that runs through my veins. LOL.

I wish that my friend who asked me about this diet will be able to follow the diet. It may be hard because she is working and when we work, most of the time we grab the most fatty, heart congesting meal that we can lay our hands on because we don't have a choice. Being healthy and disease free in these times is not a choice. It's a lifestyle.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there:

    I hope your mom is okay. We are in the same situation, my mom has non-hodgkin's lymphoma, a cancer in the lymphatic system. And this lymphatic system is the core of our human immune system. She's having her chemo. She will be having her 6th chemo session on Aug. 15, the last I think.

    I found your plead at mylot. You may visit also my blog, http://moneyworkhome.blogspot.com. It's for my mom too.

    Rest assured I will click 3 and become your member. Can you do it also for me?

    ReplyDelete