Monday, January 24, 2011

Antibiotcs..Again?!?

My asthma has made a big comeback these past few months. I didn't mind at first because my job or company has provided us with a health card. So going to the doctor and having tests done means that I don't have to shell out money.

It was with some pride that I lost thirty pounds and four dress sizes around May to June of this year. I was able to keep the pounds off the latter part of the year, but when my asthma attacks came back, I started gaining weight again. I guess it's because of all the steroids that are in the drugs that I am taking that is making me gain weight. Plus the stresses of my job. So, I have now gained back those thirty pounds that I have lost.

My doctor changed my asthma medication around December because my cough wasn't getting any better and my cough started around October. I also have a feeling that I am so radioactive right now because she has asked me to get chest x-rays almost every month. But for her last request, I did not have the tests done. I also refused to buy and take the new bout of antibiotics she prescribed. I just changed my inhaler.

The good news is that my cough has cleared with the new inhaler. The bad news is that I still have a cold, plus fever. So I went back to the doctor's office this afternoon, and I was prescribed again with antibiotics.

I hate getting sick. Yes, I don't shell out anything for the laboratory tests and doctors' consultation, but these medicines that are prescribed take almost half of my salary. I did not buy the antibiotics. I will just stuff myself with calamansi juice until this cold clears and my fever goes away.

No comments:

Post a Comment